Tuesday, August 14, 2012

How The Research Is Done

I thought it's best to start by telling you how your Family Tree has been compiled.  No name has been added without rigorous verification and documentation by birth, baptismal, marriage, census, military service or land deed records when possible.  Grave stone photos have been included when available to help verify birth and death dates. Many of our relations were Royalty or Peers of the Realm (UK) and are included in Burke's Peerage ( a British Who's Who of Titled Nobility). 

 Doing this research is quite an exciting adventure as I uncover some really amazing facts about our line. I have been able to share knowledge and resources with some of our distant relations through the websites www.ancestry.com and www.mundia.com.  The Mormon Genealogy Database, www.familysearch.org, is available free online providing census records and much more. 

The research that I'm doing doesn't always progress in a linear fashion due to starts and stops (waiting for records or proper names) and a few flat out dead ends. 

Also, I found that once you get back to a certain point like discovering  Royalty or a Famous Personality in your line the work is mostly done for you.  There are numerous books and movies about our relatives so I will make sure to include a reference to them for you wherever I can. I find a ton of info on our people from www.wikipedia.com and (don't laugh) The Bible.

The Family Tree is huge already. It would be impossible for me to post it here in its entirety so I will just post the relevant parts to the info I'm giving you.  If you would like full access to the entire tree call me or message me and I'll give you the access code.  

It seems this project has only just begun for me, I'm anticipating at least a year or two to completely flesh out our tree. So, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment